With the latest update of MacOS Catalina (10.15.x), it seems that the keyboard shortcut to switch between Finder window tabs is no longer supported / missing!
This really annoyed me ’cause I use this every. single. day! The shortcut is Shift + ⌘ + → or Shift + ⌘ + ←.
Here’s how to reinstate this [much needed] functionality. Add custom keyboard shortcuts in…
System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts
- Select “App Shortcuts” in the left side pane.
- Click the [+] button to add a new shortcut.
- In the popup:
- Application: choose “Finder.app”.
- Menu Title: enter the exact name of each of the Menu Options (in this case, “Show Next Tab” and “Show Previous Tab”).
- Keyboard Shortcut: literally, perform the shortcut on your keyboard that you want in the box.
- Click “Add”.
Happy tabbing! …again.